As proud Capetonians we know that:
- We successfully hosted the 2010 World Cup
- We have been voted as the World Design Capital 2014
- Table Mountain’s achieved New7Wonders status in 2012
- CNN has voted Cape Town as one of the Top 10 Most loved cities in the world for 2012.
- Cape Town and Cape Peninsula boast 8 Full Blue Flag Status beaches.
- Cape Town and Cape Peninsula annually hosts between January and April each year, the ABSA Cape Epic (Cycling) J & B Met (Horse racing) Cape Argus Pick and Pay Cycle Tour (Cycling) Old Mutual Two Oceans Marathon (Running) Cape Town International Jazz Festival (All genres of music, but mostly Jazz).
- We have been awarded TripAdvisor’s Top Destination Award for 2011 and with just under 8.5 million passengers going through Cape Town International Airport in 2011 (Courtesy ACSA), Cape Town has proven to be the place to visit.